Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mamaw's Funeral

Mamaw's funeral was yesterday at the FBC in Paris. Our pastor pointed out that she was a Proverb's 31 woman and she truly was in every way.
Her name is Grace Catherine Rogers. The pastor called her Amazing Grace (which she was). Cousins Kristy and Bill sang Amazing Grace during the ceremony, and then it was played on bagpipes at the cemetary.
Guess what song they sang in church this morning. I had to leave church for a few minutes to quit crying. Lex was on security duty and he loved on me while I cried. I've been crying off and on through out the day. It was a lot easier when the extended family was all together. We told stories and made each other laugh.
I know I'll see her again, but right now I miss her so much I can hardly stand it. I wish I could be mad at her, for up and dying on us, but no one can be mad at Mamaw, a saint if there ever was one.

No comments:

Post a Comment