Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Today was the best Thanksgiving, except for missing Poppa, that I can remember. Maybe because it wasn't so crowded. It was me, Lex and the boys, Gram, Memaw, and Pappy. We had a nice dinner and a nice relaxing afternoon. When I got tired around 4, we came home.
We spent the afternoon going through Ma Nichols' Bible. She had a lot of newspaper clippings in it and she had written births, deaths, and marriages in it. I had taken a family tree chart and was able to fill it out through Ma Nichols' all the way through to her parents. We found a copy of her birth certificate in a box of papers that Pop had kept.
I had been worried earlier that I would get sad and cry while at Gram's, but the Lord really gave me strength, and I had a blessed day for which I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment