Monday, June 8, 2009

Answered Prayer

I feel unwell everyday of my life to some degree, but tonight I have been feeling unusually ill. I couldn't sleep because I was sick to my stomach even after taking med for it. When I would get up, I felt weak and shaky. This went on for several hours until I finally remembered to pray about it. Why is that so often the last thing I think of? Why do I still think I can control everything? And why do I still get so surprised when God answers my prayer. A very short while after praying, I realized I feel better. Why does that surprise me. God loves me no matter what. He doesn't want to see me suffer. His love is greater than I can ever imagine. He has answered so many of my desperate prayers, and it surprises me every time.
He deserves so much more than my desperate prayers. He deserves all of me.
God is good always. Even when he doesn't answer in the way we want him to, He is always good and always worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment