Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Poppa

Pop is in a rehab place in Paris. He went into the hospital last week in a lot of pain. One of his shoulders is separating. They have him on a pain patch and it makes him loopy. I haven't been down there yet and it is killing me. I think I will have to go tomorrow if I feel well enough at all. I am scared to see him. (Seeing him made Brandon cry.) But I can't stand being away from him either. I have been crying alot.
He also now has mrsa, an antibiotic restistant staph infection that you sometimes get while in the hospital.
Pop has always been more like a father to me. He took care of me in ways that my daddy should have. He has always loved me no matter how many other grand-kids or great-grand-kids he has accumulated over the years. We spent a lot of time together when I was a kid. I just went with him everywhere. I grew up feeling like my sister was "the important" one in the family, but I always knew Pop loved me too.
Yeah, Pop has an ornery side, but to me he is perfect. I have on rose colored glasses as far as he is concerned.
I am so scared I will go see him and he won't know me. I can't imagine life without Pop. I still have a hard time with Mamaw being gone. 2009 has been a hard year, but yet I have so many blessings for which I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment