Friday, January 2, 2009

Bad Blogger

I'm a bad blogger. I can't even keep a blog up-to-date. A lot has happened since my last entry. Christmas was great. I missed Christmas Eve at Grandma M.'s because I didn't feel well, but I took medicine and rested up and was able to go to Paris on Christmas day. I am extra thankful I made it to Paris. We had a good time at Gram and Pop's and then at Rogerland. Mamaw and all the cousins were there. Thankfully we took a lot of pictures because Mamaw is now in the hospital. They think she had a stroke or a blood clot last night. Today she couldn't talk and she was doing the heavy breathing Pawpaw did before he died. I was with her all afternoon. I was so afraid all night that I wasn't going to get to see her again. She was very restless last night and today. When I got there I started talking to her real low and quiet in a soothing voice while I rubbed her head. I told her she didn't need to worry that Mary was ok. I told her she didn't need to do anything but relax, and she slowly started to calm down. I also told everyone else to quit saying things in front of her. I think they were upsetting her. I also kept nagging Uncle David (the doctor in the family) until she got some pain medicine, which she should have had last night. By the time I left after four she had been sleeping for over an hour.

Mary, Daddy, and Little David all are hoping she will come out of it, but I don't know how she can, and I don't know what we are going to do without her. She is one of the kindest most loving people in the world. We've gotten especially close since I have been sick because we have talked on the phone so much the last 3 years. I'm not ready for her to go, but I never will be. I love her so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment