Monday, January 26, 2009

Icy Weather

We are supposed to be having the worst ice storm that we've had for years. Eight years and 1 month ago we had the worst ice storm I ever remember. We were out of power for around 48 hours,but some people like my mom, were out for close to TWO WEEKS!!!!!! Some teachers had to get ready for school with no electricity. There is no way I could have done that. My hair would have been SCARY!
It has been raining-sleeting-misting-snowing just about all day. So far our electricity has stayed on although it flickered a few times. The satellite does keep messing up though and for some reason john and kate didn't record. It is the episode showing their new house. I am trying to record it now.
Mamaw is doing better. Still can't understand everything she says. She made sissie call me the other night aroung 10 p.m. She wanted me to come down "right then." I love and miss my mamaw so much. She is much better, but still not the same mamaw. I wanted to call her tonight and see if she was okay in this weather and then I remembered she's not at home. She's still in the hospital. We are hoping she will be admitted to rehab in fort smith this week. At first her doctor said she wasn't "rehabilitatable" . What do doctors know anyway. One doctor told us 3 weeks ago she wouldn't live through the day. Another doctor said her brain was rotting. They are used to old people dying. They don't know what good stock mamaw comes from. Her mother lived to be 106. Her life is in God's hands and not the doctors anyway. I need my mamaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment